Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: Year of the Good, Bad and Ugly

Well, it's New Year's Eve and time for me to join in with all the other bloggers out there to write a recap of my year.

It was an interesting year for me, to say the least.  One where I started out unemployed and ended it working on a national tour, something I've always dreamed of doing.  It's amazing how much can change in just one short year, isn't it?

Let's see... 2011...  What kind of joys and sorrows did you bring?

In 2011:

I Did Life.

I ran.

I returned to Broadway.

I signed up for a Half Marathon.  Then didn't run said Half Marathon.

I hit 50 pounds lost.

I hit THE WALL and have essentially been on a running hiatus ever since.

I chopped my hair off.

I turned freakin' 30!

My Broadway show closed, but I got hired for a national tour!

I had my One Year Fativersary.

I worked out with a trainer and now miss said trainer very, very much!

I almost became just overweight.

I hit 75 pounds lost and then didn't.

I tried Bikram Yoga and decided it wasn't for me.

I recommitted myself to the whole process, only to have the holidays hit.

But, I will say I'm definitely ending this year on a high note.  Did I accomplish everything that I had hoped?

No.

Did I work hard?

Yes!

Sure, I might not be at the weight that I thought I would for the end of this year, but I've still done an incredibly thing over the course of this year, and this is not the end!  2012 promises to bring even more exciting adventures and I can't wait to bring you all along for the ride!


In 2012, I am going to Canada!  Germany!  Japan!  I hope to visit my little sister in New Zealand!  I will continue to see cities across this country I call home, including ones I've never seen before like Seattle and Portland!  I get to see Jason in Dallas!  Hell, I am ending this year by celebrating New Year's Eve in Miami.  I have a freakin' tan on New Year's Eve, I mean how awesome is that?

I will end this New Year's Eve post by weighing in for the final time in 2011.  I have a goal for 2012, and its the same goal I've had since I started this whole thing.  I would like to hit 200 pounds by the end of this year.  Doable?  Yes.  Will it require a crap ton of hard work?  Yes.  Am I ready to give it a good ol' college try?  HELL YES!  I think I might even take up running again.  I kind of miss it!  See, who knows what the future holds!!

Alright, here is the year in numbers:

Weight as of 1/1/11:                               266.8

Weight as of 12/31/11:                           242.6

Total Weight lost in 2011:                       24.2

Ouch, when I see a number like that for the entire year, it's a bit hard to take!  I've been fighting with the same 10 pounds for essentially the past six months.  ARGH!  NO MORE!!  I have 40 more to lose and I WILL LOSE THEM!  No more Mrs. Nice Guy!!

2012, watch out!  Maia's comin' for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment