Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weigh-in Wednesdays Return! 12/7/11 Edition

Highest Weight (9/1/10):                         310.0
Last Official Weight (11/19/11):             245.0

Current Weight (12/7/11):                       238.4

Weight Lost since last weigh in:                 6.6

Total Weight Lost:                                    71.6

With the invention of Maia 2.1 I have decided that no matter what the outcome, I am back to posting my weigh ins.  I will see even a bad number as a learning experience and I will take from it and grow.   That is something that I forgot...  Accountability.  If I see a bad number, its because I earned it.  Either through blowing off workouts or not eating as I should.  I will hold myself responsible for my successes and my failures.

I am back to tracking food.  That means that I need to be eating more foods that I can track (ie, not eating out so much!).  When I was first losing weight, I maybe ate one or two meals a week that I didn't completely prepare myself.  I would guesstimate what their calories were and I would still track them.  Even if I was off by a bit, I was still noting them.  I haven't done this in a LONG time.  Even towards then end, I would typically stop tracking my food after lunch.  That's not okay!  That's not properly holding myself accountable!

There is currently a trend in the weight loss blogging world where people are tracking their weight daily in order to hold themselves accountable for their decisions the day before.  I'm debating whether or not to do this myself.  I would only officially count the weigh ins on Wednesdays, but in order to make sure I make good decisions everyday I would step on the scale and make note of it.  Maybe I'll try it for a week and see what it does for me mentally.  If it screws with my head too much, I'll stop and go back to just weighing weekly.  However, if I find it does affect my day to day decisions and I see the results?  Maybe I'll stick with it...

Tune in next week to see if I do the daily weigh in challenge!  Until then, live healthy lives and make good choices people!

1 comment:

  1. Good job with the loss! I've always been a daily weigh-er, but since seeing it posted on a few blogs, I started writing down the daily numbers - not posting them, but keeping track offline in an Excel spreadsheet. Seeing the progress and how my daily choices affect the numbers has been very motivating, certainly helping me stay on track!

    ReplyDelete