Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weigh-In Wednesday: 7/17/13 - Pretty proud of myself edition!

Last Week's Weight:                                                 228.8
This Week's Weight:                                                 222.2

Weight Lost This Week:                                               6.6

Weight left for Diet Bet:                                               2.6

Total Weight Lost:                                                     87.8

Well, no one can say that this wasn't a good week!  I knew that having a full week of dedicated diet and exercise would prove fruitful.  I am now down to a new all-time lowest weight.  It's kind of hard to believe that I am almost out of the 220s!  It's also kind of hard to believe that I've almost lost 100 pounds.  I'm almost there guys!  That's kind of mind boggling.

If you read my last entry you know that I'm struggling with my running right now.  I will admit that I haven't gone on another run since Sunday, but I'm still planning on doing the 10k on Sunday.  I'm taking a walk tonight and then I plan on running tomorrow.  That will probably be my last run before the race.  Am I scared?   Hell yes.  But, I'm ok with this.  I know that I can do the distance, even if I end up walking the whole way.  I will have my friend by my side.  I know I might end up regretting this, but come hell or high water, I'm going to do this.  Oh, and it's supposed to be a high of 82 degrees that day.  That might help...

I had an amazing non-scale victory yesterday.  I was at the mall taking advantage of the free air conditioning when I decided to go into Macy's and peruse the sale racks.  I found a pair of shorts and took both a size 14 and a size 16 into the dressing room with me.  This is a habit that I've been doing for the last year and a half.  Even after this last bout of weight loss, I'm still bordering between the two sizes for pants.  The fact that I was even contemplating shorts was a big deal.  I've stuck with capri and cropped pants for years because they were cooler than pants but still hid my legs.  These were bermuda shorts so it's not like they were a great deal shorter than what I've been wearing, but still!  They count as shorts!  I started with the size 14s, just like I always do and you can imagine my surprise when they not only fit, but they seemed to have a bit of wiggle room.  They fit comfortably!  I didn't have to hold my breath and pray that the button would close.  Then to make matters even better, they were 40% off and I found a gift card I didn't remember having and so I got them for almost nothing!  It was a good day at the mall.  My goal of wearing a size 12 seems that much more attainable now!  Kind of hard to believe.  If I fit into a size 12, that might seriously be the smallest size since elementary school.  I'm really not kidding.

Well, my goal for this week is not fall off the wagon.  I have two and a half weeks to lost 2.6 pounds.  I know I can do it, but of course it will be easiest if I don't have a slip up and have to play catch up for a week like I did last time.  I'm hoping that by this time next week I will be in the 210s.  I kind of can't believe I'm about to see those numbers.  Just a year ago I thought I was doomed to live in the 240s for the rest of my life.  Just goes to show what determination and hard work can get you!!

Stay cool everyone!  I know this heat wave is making life difficult, but don't push yourselves too hard!  Stay smart about it!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. That is awesome. How much longer are you in NY? FB me if you want to grab a healthy meal!

    ReplyDelete