Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday: 7/10/13 - The Back in NYC edition!

Last Week's Weight:                                     227.3
Current Week's Weight:                                228.8

Current Weight Gain:                                       1.5

Alright, so I'm not happy to have gained two weeks in a row, although I am happy that I am still solidly in the 220s.  I could give excuses like it was the 4th of July weekend and I moved back to NYC and wasn't able to cook for myself, but I'm not going to.  The simple matter is that I ate what I shouldn't have and I didn't exercise.

This gets remedied now!

Because I decided I needed another little kick in the pants to ensure that this upward trend doesn't continue, I decided to join another Diet bet.  It was just a random open game that anyone could join and it was another $25 bet.  Hopefully I will do as well on this one as I did the last.  I don't have anything major coming up that should derail me (vacation, etc.) and I'm completely responsible for my own cooking and exercise schedule this go around.  Last time, it could be complicated since I was staying with my Mom and my food choices were limited as to what she could eat as well.

View from my run last night.  Not too shabby, huh?
I took my first run back in NYC last night and I loved it.  I ran out in Queens on some of the course where the Queens 10K will be run later this month.  If I hadn't mentioned it before, I signed up for this race.  I am not giving myself a time goal, I just want to complete it.  I don't care how much I have to walk, I am just going to cross that finish line!

Also, something that I wasn't able to do last go around was anything besides cardio.  I think this time I'm going to try and do Jillian Michael's 30 Shred video in addition to my running.  I've said this time and time again that I need to start working on strengthening in addition to my cardio but it's been incredibly hard because of my life on the road, etc.  Plus, I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff!  I figured this was at least a possible step in the right direction towards fixing that.  Plus, it never hurts to spice up the routine so that your body doesn't get stagnant and bored with your workouts.  To ensure this doesn't happen, I'm going to be changing my running routes every time as well.  I'm going to alternate between running in Central Park on multiple different routes and running out here in Queens.  The Central Park routes are primarily hilly and the Queens one is really flat.  I don't want to do the same thing more than once a week.  Oh, and I can't forget the fact that simply due to being back in NYC, I'm going to be walking a lot more.  It's just a part of life in this city and it's one that I've missed.

Well, that's my life at the moment.  Hopefully I will have some good numbers to report next week.

Oh, and here's a little non-scale victory I had this week...  Someone was goofing around and took my iPhone and started taking a bunch of pictures of me.  When I got my phone back I was surprised and how skinny my upper torso looked.  I mean, I see it in the mirror everyday, but it's not the same I guess!  I got some nice collar bones!

No comments:

Post a Comment