Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snores-ville

I realized this morning that you few people who read this blog, must be bored to tears!  All I've posted lately are my weekly weigh-ins and my weekly training recap.  *snore*  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I know if I were a reader I would be annoyed that the writer wasn't updating more, or that they seemed to be phoning it in.  I will try and do better in the future, I promise!  As I've mentioned (only about a trillion times...) work has been busy.  Extremely busy.

Because of that I've truly been faced with one of the biggest challenges since I began this whole thing back in September, and that is time management.  I voluntarily took last week off because there really just weren't enough hours in the day and when I was going to have to cut my sleep time down from 6 hours to 4 hours to get a run in?  I chose the sleep.  This week hasn't been as bad though and I'm still finding myself not going out and running when I should.  Do I get home in time to run at night?  Yes, it would be a later run, like 9 or 10 PM, but I could still do it.  Do I?  Nope.  I got up early to run before work once this week.  I wanted to run this morning, but I couldn't get my butt out of bed.  I absolutely need to be sure that I run tonight after work because we are expecting snow (WTF!?!) tomorrow.  When I started this journey, I had nothing but time on my hands.  I didn't have to worry about any complications getting in my way.  I could go outside and walk whenever I wanted to! Morning, afternoon or evening.  I didn't have to really pre-plan my meals because I had the luxury of taking my time to decide what I was going to eat.

The first month or work wasn't too bad.  I was still getting home between 6:30-7 and so would immediately go out for a jog.  My life will get back to that schedule somewhat once we have officially opening on April 27th, but until then I need to find little nuggets of time where I can squeeze in a 4 mile jog.

My problem is that I need to learn to prioritize and I currently have so many different things that are fighting to be my number one priority.  Whenever I've had a job before, there were no questions asked.  My job was always number one.  My entire mind, body, blood, sweat and tears would go into the job.  Everything else was secondary.  I still need to devote myself to my job, but I can no longer do it at the expense of the rest of my life.  I probably gained 25 pounds during my last show.  THAT.  CAN'T.  HAPPEN.  AGAIN.  I sacrificed not only my physical health but my mental health as well!  I basically gave up my completely social life with my last job, and then during my depression during unemployment, I gave up what little I had left.  I need to make more of an effort to go out and enjoy my life, now that I'm happier.  I am the most confident I've ever been with the way I look.  Why not flaunt it?  I have always been too shy to try and pick up guys, why not start trying?  (PS, there is a new crush...SHHH!!)

Anyway, all of this rambling basically comes down to this.  I have a lot of things going on in my life.  There are so many balls up in the air that I am trying to keep airborne and I'm hoping that I don't drop one of them.  Can you guys help?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment