Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm All Shook Up!

Wow, so today was my weigh in day and I have to say I was pretty shocked about what I saw, and in a good way!

4 pounds lost!  That's like what some people are seeing on The Biggest Loser every week!

I'm not going to lie, it's a welcome number after last week's less than a pound debacle.  But, I'm assuming that number had to be that low for me to get this big one.  The reason I wasn't really expecting this big of a loss this week is because I went to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear this past weekend in DC.  I met up with my family, and as pretty much everyone knows when family visits are involved, so are bad food choices.  While I didn't go completely overboard this weekend (as I might have done even just three months ago), I did allow myself some extra treats such as a turkey burger and sweet potato fries (split order with my Mom), a belgian waffle, a gyro with regular fries and a lot of brie and pita chips.  Maybe it was the massive amount of walking/standing we did pre and post the rally, who knows!  Maybe my body just needed a shake up from my regular routine.

I had read on other weight loss blogs that sometimes our body gets too used to our regular routine while losing weight and that sometimes you have to purposefully change things up in order to see big results.  Some of the changes include eating slight more or slightly less calories than you normally do in a day (check!), change up the type of food you are eating, (check!) and change up your work out routine (check!).

I think the bigger weight loss this week might also have to do with the fact that when I got back to the city I was so scared of not seeing a loss due to the bad food, that I kicked my butt and was extra careful.  Maybe it was one or the other or a combination of both.  Who knows!  Who really completely understands this mysterious thing called weight loss?

On a side note, I've been walking the Central Park Reservoir at night lately.  Not late, 7ish.  It's quite a sight to behold.  I strongly recommend anyone who lives in New York to take this walk at night at least once.  Once you get past the idea that someone could possibly jump out of the bushes and attack you, it's lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment