Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello, dear old friend

As we are now in the depth of the holiday season and the first draft of my thesis is due almost immediately after the first of the year, I've become reacquainted with an old friend.

Hi Stress.  How are you?  Long time no see!

Stress.  We used to be in a love/hate relationship.  In a way I loved stress because it meant that things were going on in my life.  Sure, I wasn't handling them in the best of ways, but stuff to be stressed about meant that I wasn't sitting at home being bored at least.  Of course I hated Stress too though.  With Stress brought headaches, pimples, sleepless nights and occasional tears.

What I need to keep in mind during Stress's current visit now, is that Stress likes to put a damper on weight loss.  Yup.  Stress evidently likes to slow down metabolism (or something!) and causes your body to not want to loss weight.  Kind of like a comfort, I guess?  I don't know...

What I do know is that I've got to find some ways to de-stress besides my exercise.  While yes, I do view my jogging (yup, I'm officially a jogger now!) as my "me time," I have a feeling its not going to be enough in the coming months.

I do know one thing for sure though.  I'm not going to retreat back to my old ways of dealing with stress!  Well, then again maybe one glass of white wine won't hurt me!!

I hope you guys will help keep me sane!

No comments:

Post a Comment