Wednesday, November 10, 2010

'Tis the Season...

With the holidays rapidly approaching I'm starting to get worried and realize that I need to devise a strategy.  Everyone knows that the holidays are when almost everyone packs on a few pounds.  Be it from a few too many helpings of stuffing on Thanksgiving, to the holiday parties thrown by friends, or the oodles and oodles of chocolate that arrive at work, temptations are everywhere this time of year!

Something that I've learned about myself during my process is that I don't typically crave sweets.  I'm more of a savory gal.  However, this is completely reversed come Christmas time.  Jason and I made a trip to the local Rite-Aid tonight and were greeted by the lovely Christmas aisle stocked full of chocolately goodness in the shape of Santas, Bells and Christmas trees.  I was strong during Halloween and was able to completely avoid the candy aisle, however the lure of Mint M & Ms was just too hard to resist.  Those are my favorite treats at this time of year, and they can be incredibly hard to find.  But there they were, staring me in the face.  In a moment of weakness, I bought them.

After breaking into them as soon as I got home I came to my realization that a strategy was indeed needed.  I'm doing incredibly well on my journey thus far (25 pounds lost as of today's weigh-in) and I don't want to completely derail that.  BUT... I don't want to completely deprive myself either this holiday season.  So, I've decided that moderation is going to be my key.

I'm not going to beat myself up over having bought this bag of M & Ms.  However, I am going to make sure that they aren't gone in a matter of days.  My goal is make these last a while.  A cookie or two won't kill me, but 4 or 5 aren't going to happen.  One piece of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving is totally doable.  But seconds or thirds?  Um, no...

I'm just going to keep on doing what I've been doing, but making adjustments as I need to to accommodate for these extra goodies.   I think if I just remember that moderation is my friend, all should be good this holiday season.  Here's to hoping I will hit the 40 pound mark by New Year's Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment