Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday 12/5/12 & Beginning of Training

Last Week's Weight:                                      243.8
Current Week's Weight:                                 241.4

Weight Lost This Week:                                    2.4

Total Weight Lost:                                           68.6

I'm not going to lie I did a little dance when I saw the scale this morning.  I was overjoyed for a few reasons.

1.)  I lost my Thanksgiving weight and I'm going against the trend of losing weight during the holidays.

2.)  It's the lowest my weight has been in QUITE a long time.

3.)  I had friends come and visit me on the tour and I ate pretty horribly last Saturday (fish & chips, fried pickles, queso, beer, etc.) which resulted in my weight skyrocketing to 247 the next day.  Of course I would never have counted that weight, but I more stepped on the scale for the shock value and to kick me in the butt for the rest of the week.

4.)  I'm also going against the trend and I'm losing weight while on tour!  That is quite an anomaly.  Most people come out onto the road and gain a bit of a bulge because of how difficult it can be to eat healthy and because temptations surround us and it makes it very easy to put off working out.

 Basically, I'm just happy that my hard work is paying off again.  It's such an addicting thing to step on that scale and to see the number go down every week.  If I can keep up this momentum I am only a few short weeks away from hitting my all time lowest weight ever.  I just can't believe I'm back here!  My legs feel really strong, my pants are more loose, my friends are commenting on how good I look...  All signs are just positive right now.  Gotta keep it up!

So, with regards to my half marathon... My training officially started this week!  I realized quite quickly that I'm going to have to be flexible and move around my training days due to travel, press, etc.  My Mondays and Tuesdays are typically kind of nutty so I might need to shuffle things around because of whatever is scheduled for me work wise.  But, I've decided to make things easier for myself by creating a spreadsheet to log all of my workouts.  So far, so good!  I feel really strong and I can't wait to increase my mileage!  My speed is already increasing too.

I guess I'm just a bundle of positivity today.  I'll take it, because lord knows these days do not happen all the time!

Anyway, here's to hoping I get below 240 next week.  If I do, I'll celebrate with 50 sit ups!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment