Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday: 12/12/12

Last Week's Weight:                               241.4
This Week's Weight:                               239.0

Weight Lost:                                               2.4

Total Weight Lost:                                    71.0

I wish that someone had been there to see the huge grin spread across my face as I stepped on that scale this morning.  I wish I had words to accurately describe how happy I am to be out of the 240s (NEVER to see them again, if I can help it!).  This is my second week in a row I have lost almost 2.5 pounds, so I must be doing something right, huh?

This was a bit of a rough week for me emotionally.  As you know I decided to not run the half marathon originally because of money but then realized it was a good decision because I was actually not as physically prepared to start training as I had hoped.  Also, the bed in the hotel last week really messed up my back so I've been in a bit of pain this week and its affected my exercise.  I could barely do anything Monday because I was in so much pain.  At the airport I actually laid down on the floor because that was the only position when my back didn't hurt.  Not being able to exercise took a toll on me, as its my main source of stress relief, and so my mind has been in a cluster.  Then add on top of all this, I had a bad "tall day" on Sunday because of a dumb woman at CVS who made a comment about my height and I took it very personally.

On that tangent for a second... I really wish I could get over my sensitivity about my height but this is the one thing I just can't seem to get over.  I can change my hair color, my clothes, hell even my weight but I can't change my height and its the ONE thing that people notice the most about me and its the thing I hate the most about myself.  I just wish people in this world didn't find it acceptable to comment to me about it.  I don't go around making comments about other people's appearance to THEIR face, so WHY do people deem it acceptable to make a comment to me about my height?  If someone was freakishly short, I would NEVER say to them, "Wow, you're short!!!  That must SUCK!"  Why?  Because I have MANNERS!  So, WHY do people think if you're tall it's okay???  I just don't get it.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Here's my goals for this week:  To get my back to feel normal again.  To run (if I can) 3 miles, at least 3 times.  To cross train for at least 45 minutes at least 2 other days.  To eat well.  And to lose another 2.5 pounds.  

If I can do that leading into the holidays with my Mom and my sister I will feel great about slacking off for a few days.  I arrive in DC a week from tomorrow and I absolutely can't wait.  It will hopefully be a great Christmas!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment