Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Weigh-In: 11/21/12

Last Week:                              246.7
This Week:                              242.1


Loss This Week:                         4.6
Total Loss:                                67.9


I knew that I would have a big loss this week after seeing such a small one last week.  I would like to just say that in three weeks I've lost 12 pounds.  I'm EXTREMELY happy about this.  I know it will slow down, and that's okay too, but for right now I'm just going to keep riding this train.

I've had a couple of non-scale victories this week as well.  I decided to take my resting pulse the other day before I went down to the gym.  62.  I honestly had no clue what was considered a good resting pulse rate so I looked it up.  According to a website I found, the normal range for an adult is 60-100.  For an athletic adult, it's 40-60.  Um, holy crap.  The fact that my resting heart rate almost puts me into the "athletic" category kind of blows my mind.  My inner fat girl just put down her bag of Oreos and is reeling.

My other non-scale victory was at the gym.  As you know, I've been training for a half marathon and I realized that since I am traveling from city to city, and there are going to be quite a few cities that I won't want to run outside, I need to get used to running on a treadmill.  In days past, I could run 5, 6 miles outside no problem.  But the moment I got on a treadmill I wanted to die a quick painful death.  I would be bored to tears and talk myself into walking about 5 minutes into it.  Well, the other night I actually ran 2.7 miles on it.  Considering I'm consistently running 3 miles outside, getting that kind done on the treadmill really gave me the confidence that I will be able to successfully train for this half marathon.  It's still going to be insanely hard work, but I can totally do it.

In other news, I was very happy to discover that while I'm in Washington DC over the holidays there is something happening called "Commitment Day."  Basically it's a 5K race in over 30 cities across the country on the first day of the new year to celebrate people's commitment to living a healthy lifestyle.  I can't wait to do it!  I hope that everyone will look up and see if there is a Commitment Day race happening in your neck of the woods and sign up!  I think this is a great thing.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment