Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oy


Today was a very stressful and busy day at work.  Like one of those days where you can't keep all of the things on your to-do list straight and your brain starts to hurt.  We are gearing up for our Opening Night at the end of this month and with that comes increased levels of stress.  As I was leaving the office tonight (because my eyes had started to go crossed and my stomach began to eat itself) I looked up and saw the infamous golden arches across the street.  At that moment, they were like a gift from heaven.  Nothing could stop my feet from crossing the street and ordering my Chicken McNuggets with Sweet N' Sour sauce.
As I wipe my hands on a napkin and slurp down my Diet Coke I, of course, start to ponder whether or not it was worth it.  Did it taste good?  Um, yes. Was it worth the number of calories?  Most likely not.  But do I care at this moment?  Not really.  Why?  Because this is a life long journey, and its just silly for me to think that I am never going to eat McDonald's again.  It's been quite a long time since I've had anything from there and considering how much I used to eat there, that's a huge improvement.  The difference is that now I know that I can have my french fries and walk away.  Before it would just feed the need for more.  I probably should feel worse about having caved, but I just don't.  
 Tomorrow is my weigh day and I have to say that I don't anticipate a big loss, if a loss at all.  I've been slacking in my water intake, I've been eating more salty things (it's a certain time of the month where salty cravings happen, if you catch my drift) and so I'm most likely retaining some water.  Besides that, I've been eating more than I should.  Not necessarily bad things, but just too much of the healthy stuff.  Calories are still calories, no matter their form!  When I looked at my food diary for this past week I realized that had missed logging in three days of food.  I can't afford for that to happen!  I need to get back into the habit of logging in every thing that I eat.  Also, I've lowered my calories back down.  I think by upping it to 1500, I was allowing myself to cheat more.  I did better with my diet when I was tighter in calories.  The one good thing of this past week is that I've been better about running.  I did my longest run to date this past weekend (6 miles) and got up early and did 4 miles this morning.  Tomorrow I'm slated for 2 more.  Running my first official 10K this weekend and I have to admit that I'm scared!
Even though I'm not anticipating a loss tomorrow, I do think I'm losing inches still.  I put on a shirt this morning that I bought about a month ago.  When I first bought it,  it was still a little tight.  I was a little uncomfortable to wear it because of the way it looked around my midsection.  Today, no problems at all!
Alright, I think I'm done rambling for tonight.  See you guys in the morning for the weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment