Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pants of the Past

Conan recently wore jeggings
Skinny jeans.

Every woman (most likely) owns a pair.  No, not the jeans that are basically this generation's version of tapered leg jeans and no, I definitely don't mean jeggings... (Those should all be gathered and burned in a giant pile like the Nazis did with books.)

I mean that pair of jeans that every girl has in her closet or dresser that is the size she wears at her ideal weight.  Miranda had a pair that she fit into (and then popped out of) on Sex and the City.  They might be a pair that you wore pre-pregnancy or a pair you wore a decade ago before life got in the way.  They are jeans that no longer fit for one reason or another but what we strive to fit back into someday.

Up until last night I had three of those "someday" jeans.

As I've mentioned before, I have to order my jeans online due to my extreme height.  Because sizing can be so tricky I tend to order a couple of sizes in each style I like and then send back the pairs that I don't like or that simply don't fit...  Well, that process works most of the time.  Sometimes I have simply forgotten to send pairs back.  Cut to three pairs of jeans in my closet that I have kept in the hopes that they will ONE DAY fit me.

Yesterday was that day!

Actually, a couple of months ago after I hit about the 25 pounds lost mark, I was able to fit into one pair of them.  Really last night was just me trying on the other two.  One of these magical pairs I couldn't have gotten past my knees when I first started losing weight.  The other pair didn't even make it that far.  They got to my ankles and said, "Um... I don't think so.  I give up lady."

I was skeptical, I must admit.  I didn't think I was ready for these jeans yet.  I thought I still had another 10-15 pounds to go before I managed to close the gap on the button and sit down in the comfortably.  But, alas...nope!  40 pounds was evidently the magical number!

What's interesting is that I really wondered in the back of my head if I ever would fit in those jeans someday.  I had never been very successful in weight loss, and so kind of just assumed those pants would sit there until I finally gave up and donated them to charity.  Now, these jeans aren't a goal.  They are just a highlight along my journey.  They are a reason to not have to buy new jeans so my droopy diaper look would go away.  Before they were barely a possibility, now they are a stepping stone!

Speaking of the 40 pounds mark, yesterday was my weigh-in day, and boy did I like what I saw on the scale!  A two pound loss!  WOOHOO!!  Hopefully this means that my plateau might be a thing of the past, but it certainly doesn't mean that I stop trying as hard as I did this last week.  I've had to step up my exercise and the results were on the scale.  See?  All you have to do is sweat a little!  Or, a lot.

Also, I have to report what I thought of Exercise TV on Demand.  I have to admit I don't think this will be my go-to exercise plan.  I can definitely use them in a pinch, but it took me a while to find one that I liked and given the limited space in my room sometimes it got a bit awkward.  But, I did eventually find a couple that I enjoyed and I definitely got my heart rate up.  Tomorrow its supposed to snow 3-5 inches so I very well might be doing some more of those videos, but for me I think I'll stick with the running full time.  It is a time that I look forward to as an opportunity to clear my mind.  I just listen to my music and zone out.  I never thought I would see the day when I loved to go for a run.

I guess miracles are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment