Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday is back - The Oopsie Daisy edition

Current Weight:                                                   228.2
Last Weight:                                                        223.3

Weight Gained:                                                       4.9

Okay, I'm back in this thing.  Obviously I've been off the wagon for a while, as you can see from the weight that I've gained in the last few weeks.  But I'm ready to shed this current gain and hopefully even more.

As I mentioned in my last post, I joined another Diet Bet, but this one is slightly different.  It's a six month long bet, and I am betting that I will lose 10% of my starting weight rather than the 4% in a month.  I like that it's a slow and steady kind of race, rather than the extreme of the other one.  Each month has weight loss goals and each month you place money on making it.  Like for instance, this first month's goal is to lose 3% of my starting weight, and I bet $25.  If I don't make it, the goal for the second month is another 3% (for a total of 6% of my starting weight).  If I don't make the first month's weight goal, the weight goal for the second month doesn't change, it just means I have to play catch up.  At the end of each month, if you make your goal weight, you can win money but if you don't make it you are still eligible for the next month's bet as well as the grand prize pot at the end.

My weight goal for this first month is 221.9,  and the weigh in days are October 3rd and 4th.  I'm obviously not going to make that weight, but I'm okay because I'm doing this for the motivation and to have set goals to strive towards.  I was late joining the game, and I really only found my stride and motivation this week.  My eating is pretty much back on track (no really!  We have kitchens in our hotel this week and I've been tracking everything I eat!  Yay!) and I've been really good about exercising.  So, while I might not be able to drop 6 pounds in a week and a half, but I might get pretty darn close.  The bonus is if I make my 10% goal, I will be at 205.  That's a great number to see on the scale in March when this thing ends.  I really can't wait to see that number on the scale!

Other than this Diet Bet, I've just been adjusting to life back on the road.  For this week and next week I'm in Washington DC, and my show is playing at the Kennedy Center.  It's gorgeous weather and I'm really enjoying being here.  I can't wait to see some of the sites I've never seen before and to just enjoy my time here.  After this we head to Boston, another city that I'm REALLY looking forward to.  I've only been to Boston one other time in my life and that was for a long weekend.

Alright my friends its time for me to get ready for my day.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment