Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Three Year Fativersary (and Weigh in!)

Starting Weight 9/4/10:                                     310.0
Current Weight 9/4/13:                                     223.3

Total Weight Lost in Three Years:                      86.7 (gained 1.5 since last week)

Total Weight Left to Lose for Goal (200):          23.3

Well here it is folks!  Today is the third anniversary of having an epiphany and deciding to take control of my life.  I really can't believe that it's already been three years!  Time really has flown by!

I look back at my old self and I don't even recognize her.  I never even could have imagined what my life would be like now.  I know I say this every year, but I'm really proud of myself for having recognized that I wasn't happy and changing my ENTIRE LIFE.  I really think that almost nothing is the same as it was then. (Well, except maybe my shoe size...)  I have completely transformed into a different person and I have to say that I'm quite fond of this new Maia.

Maia circa 2013 is a strong, healthy and (most importantly) happy person.  I struggled a bit this last year, not with the health and weight loss portion of this journey but with the happiness aspect.  I found myself getting angry and frustrated all the time and I started to not like myself.  So what did I do?  Basically the same thing that I did before!  I told myself that I was going to change it, and I did!  I feel like I'm looking at things in a brighter light.  I find myself smiling more.  I find myself laughing more and honestly, I'm just enjoying life more!

I'm hoping to take this new perspective back out on the road with me when I leave NYC for tour once again. (I depart September 17th!  I can't believe it's right around the corner!)  I still have this last bit of weight that I want to lose and I'm determined to lose it, but I also want to enjoy myself a bit more this next year.  I was so gung ho this last year that I actually very rarely went out and enjoyed myself in the various cities we visited.  I'm going to allow myself a few more indulgences this year and not let them stress me out like they did last year.  Last year, if I had a popcorn at the movies I was beating myself up for days!  That's no way to live life...  We'll see how it goes!

I can't wait for this next year of this journey.  I'm sure that so much will change and I'm ready for the new adventures that life will bring my way.

Life is good.

I'm happy.

And that's awesome.



Sharing my happiness with Mr. Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment