Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oops I forgot!!

Sorry for no weigh in yesterday!  I have been a bit busy with work and preparing to leave NYC to hit the road and I honestly just plain forgot!!

To be honest, I'm okay with forgetting.  I'm feeling really gross right now.  I just feel puffy and disgusting and I think it's because my diet has been sub-par and my exercise almost non-existent.  I'm ready to get back out on the road and back into my routine.  I've enjoyed being in NYC but I've allowed myself to cross that line of "relaxing and enjoying myself" over to "giving myself excuses to eat poorly at every turn."  I think I needed to finally cross that line so that I could mentally be ready to get back on the bandwagon.  I was burned out before and needed to hit the point that I'm at now.

Which brings me to my next point...

I know you're probably all wondering why I'm doing this, but I've decided to do another Diet Bet.  This one is different than the others though.  The website has set up a beta version (by invite only actually) of a 6 month version.  In this 6 month version you are betting that you will lose 10% of your starting weight.  You are actually betting every month and you are actually held accountable each month (and have to pay additional money to the pot each month) and still have goals that you need to meet each month in order to continue on with the bet (this way you aren't crash dieting at the last minute.)  This first month I need to lose 3% of my body weight, or about 7 pounds.  I don't honestly care if I win this bet or not, but I would like to have this bet to keep me accountable and on track so that I don't allow myself to completely let go this next year.  Plus, if I win this bet I will be at my goal weight.  I would LOVE to be at 200 pounds 6 months from now.  I would actually LOVE to see a 1 at the beginning of my weight, but I'm getting ahead of myself there.

We'll see how I do with this one.  I may end up hating this bet and getting burned out and quitting.  Or, I could end up loving the different structure and killing it on the scale.  Only time will tell.

I do know that I will be changing up my workout routine for sure this year.  I'm going to only run AT MOST 3 times a week.  I want to try and find Zumba classes while out on the road (whenever that's possible at least...)  I want to continue using my Jillian Michaels' DVDs.  I want to crosstrain and lift weights.  I want to start toning up my weaker muscles.  I know how to do cardio, but I don't really know how to get fit.  It's time to get fit.

Alright, that's the current game plan guys!  I'll post my official starting weight for the Diet bet tomorrow.  I might even post my official weigh in photos - we'll see how I feel.

I'm ready to start feeling better again.

No comments:

Post a Comment