Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Non Weigh In Wednesday - Winner Edition

You may have noticed that I didn't post a weigh in this morning... Well, that's because I WON my second Diet Bet yesterday and I celebrated last night with McDonald's and a Crumbs cupcake.  With all of that sodium and extra calories for the day, I knew that my weigh in would be a bit off, and so therefore I'm not posting it.

I will say what my official ending weight for the Diet Bet was, and that was 219.4.  Although, I must admit that's not entirely accurate either.  Unfortunately, I timed this Diet Bet poorly.  It's a certain week of the month when water retention is inevitable and no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to shake the last half pound.  So yesterday I woke up and even though my eating had been completely on point the day before, had drank plenty of water and walked about 3.5 miles my weight had actually gone UP and was reading at 220.2.  I needed to lose .6 pounds and FAST.  So, I put on my work out gear and did level 2 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and then went outside for a 20 minute jog.  Luckily, when I came back the scale cooperated and I logged my weight.  So, did I cheat a little?  Um, yeah... BUT that doesn't negate the fact that I did actually lose 9 pounds in a month.  Just meant that I was a little bit short and fudged it a little to win the money.  I don't know how much the winnings are yet, they are still finalizing everything, but it will probably end up being another $20 or so.  

I'm definitely going to do another bet immediately after this.  I have less than a month until my 3 year anniversary of this whole she-bang and I have a VERY important goal that I want to hit by that time.  I'm going to wait a week though and join then so that the timing isn't as unfortunate as this last bet was.

The interesting thing about my cheat meal last night...  I did not feel good after having eaten it.  It's weird because during the past three years I've had plenty of cheat meals and I never really felt any differently after having eaten that as opposed to the healthy stuff.  I always heard of people's body's have negative reactions to unhealthy foods after they had changed their habits to more healthy ones, but I never really did.  Maybe it was because I stuffed myself until I was uncomfortably full.  Maybe it was packing a week's worth of sodium and sugar into one meal.  Maybe it was the entire day's worth of calories in one sitting.  I don't really know which of the factors that it was, but I do know that it reminded me that I'm not the person that I once was.  I felt gross afterwards, and that made me feel bad about myself.  Did I deserve a reward after my hard work?  Sure, but did I need to eat all that I had?  No.  Will I know this and use this information for the next time?  Yes.  And that's the most important part:  Learning and growing.  Take the knowledge from your mistakes and grow from them.

I like knowing that I'm still learning new things about myself.  I like that I can still surprise myself.

For now though, I'm taking a complete day of rest, meaning no exercise at all.  My muscles are SCREAMING at me because yesterday I was supposed to have rested but instead exercised to get that last bit of weight off for the weigh in.  So, I'm looking forward to using my muscles as little as possible today.  I think they will thank me for it, considering how much they hate me at the moment.

That's about all I have to say, so I guess I will just see how this recovery week goes.  

Until next week!

2 comments:

  1. What non food rewards work for you? Good that you are noticing that you didn't feel good after MC D's. now each time you pass Mc D's remember and do something else.

    Onward. Keep your eyes wide open for patterns and barriers. Food quality matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying that I'll never eat McD's again, because I know that's not the case. But will I eat as much as I did this last time? No.

      Delete