Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday: 6/19/13 - The disappointing set back (DietBet in Jeopardy)

Last Week's Weight:                         224.2
This Week's Weight:                         226.9

Weight Gain:                                      2.7

Total Weight Lost:                            83.1

Weight left for DietBet:                       2.0

Well, I don't really know what happened.  Did I eat a few things that I shouldn't have?  Yes, but not ANYWHERE near an amount that would account for this type of gain.  So I'm making a couple of assumptions:  1 - that my weigh in last week was inaccurate for some reason, and 2 - I'm retaining water because it's a certain week of the month (sorry, TMI.)

Whatever the reason the fact remains that I have two pounds left to lose before this DietBet ends on Friday and chances are that I am not going to make it.  It's disappointing because I really thought I had this in the bag, but I do have to put this in perspective...  Did I lose the 9+ pounds that I needed to?  No, but I have lost 7.5 pounds (and hopefully will lose a bit more before Friday.)  7.5 pounds in four weeks in nothing to turn your nose up to.  I'm not giving up, I'm still doing everything I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up.  If I hadn't worked hard and hadn't put in the effort, I would be beating myself up, but I did work hard.  I worked REALLY hard and I am going to pat myself on the back for that.

I had debated whether or not I'm going to sign up for another DietBet and I've decided that I'm not going to.  I need the mental break.  This has completely consumed my life and I don't want to beat myself up if I decide to eat a cookie.  A cookie will not defeat me!!

But if anyone is interested in joining a DietBet I know of one that will be starting soon.  This one is a $35 bet.  You can join it here:  http://www.dietbet.com/games/18023  It will be hard work but it will be worth it if you put in the time and energy and focus that it deserves.  I strongly recommend doing at least one if you are in the process of losing weight.  It really helped me with my focus for the summer.

My Birthday was a nice, low-key affair this year.  My Mom bought me a peach pie (I only had one slice of it) and we went and saw a couple of movies.  Amazingly enough, I didn't get the yearly depression that I tend to get on my Birthday.  I think I have finally reached that point where I just don't care about birthdays that much anymore...  Maybe, I don't know.  Either way I'm glad that the yearly doom and gloom stayed away.

Well, until next week when I officially update you on my win (or most likely loss) of the DietBet.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment