Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hiatus from Weigh Ins

After the craptastic couple of weeks that I've had, I have decided to take a break from one thing...

My scale.

As I work diligently to get back on track, I want to take some of the pressure off myself in anyway I can.  I want to focus on my eating and my exercise, not the number on the scale.  Because at the end of my month long hiatus, if I have maintained the focus that I hope to regain, my scale will show it.  But I don't want to chance discouraging myself in the midst of my "reset" period.

Because that's what I'm doing.  I'm hitting "reset."  I'm already feeling better.  I'm making decisions.  I'm making good decisions.

I am trying to remember that it was hard work that got me here and it was not short process.  I'm trying to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint.  That I've just taken a slight detour and now I'm getting back into the race.  

I'm hoping this pays off.  Expect my next weigh in at the end of June.  I have some challenges that face me before that weigh in, especially my birthday.  I need to remember to not overindulge simply because some people deem it acceptable.  I need to keep my eye on the prize, and that's not found in birthday cake or the bottom of a martini/wine glass.

I WILL DO THIS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment