Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday: 2/15/12

Last (official) weight:                               242.0
Current weight:                                        241.2

Current loss:                                                0.8

Total Weight Lost:                                    68.8


Yes, it is officially a loss this week of almost a pound, however what you guys don't know is that the first week of the "no scale" experiment I actually ballooned up to 245.  Kind of why I wanted to go "scale free."  I was embarrassed by it, but it kicked my butt into high gear.  It's what prompted me to figuratively smack myself and get back on track.  That first week I got back down to 241 and I have stayed there.  (I actually peeked this past Sunday and had really gotten down to 239, but the first few days in Memphis have obviously changed that!).

So, I've learned a couple of things these past few weeks:

1.)  When I count calories and exercise, I lose weight.  Plain and simple.

2.)  I can't go without a scale.  Even though I wasn't posting weigh ins, I was most definitely checking on myself to make sure I was on track.

3.)  That I did need to kick up my exercise routines.  I'm doing a minimum of 60 minutes, 4 times a week and trying to get in extra sessions beyond that.  Even if its just walking on a treadmill while I catch up on TV, it's burning calories.

4.)  That I need to try and get as many of my workouts done in the morning.

Okay, so that's what I've learned these past few weeks.  Here's to hoping that I can continue to at least maintain this week here in Memphis and I don't let the smells of barbecue wafting over from Beale Street deter me.  Next week we have kitchens again, so I expect to drop some weight again next week.  I want to get to the 230s and STAY THERE!!!

It will happen.
              

1 comment: