Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February experiment

I am not posting a weigh in today.  Lots of various reasons that I'm not going to get into but the main one being that I am going back to the experiment of going scale free for a couple of weeks.  I am taking my scale out of my hotel room today and putting it in my trunk o' stuff at the theater.

But, I am here to announce a couple of experiments that I will be trying for the month of February.

One of the main things that I have noticed is that while I'm at work, I snack.  All the time!  I know I wrote a post about this back when I was in Charlotte, but after the holidays the snacking never went away.  So, I am going to try for the month of February to only eat when hungry.  Again, I am not really eating horribly, I am just eating too much.  So, by scaling back the snacking I will most likely be reducing the calorie intake by a good 500 calories.  (it was a LOT of snacking.)

The other experiment is that I am going to continue to up my work outs.  I am not sure in what ways will be possible depending upon each varying city, but I will scope out the scene in each city upon my arrival on the Monday and make my plans accordingly for the week.  For instance, we have been in Detroit for over a week and I joined a local gym so that I could get access to more weights.  Right now I'm preparing to head over there to get in about 30-45 minutes of cardio and then about 45 minutes of weights.  Then in the evening after I get back from the theater I walk on the treadmill while I watch some TV.   The evening treadmill is not so much about getting the heart rate up, it's about just staying active.

This is just my experiment, it could utterly fail, but I want to try it.  Next week in Appleton, WI the plan could drastically change depending upon what resources are available to me.  We shall see!!

Keep you updated soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment