Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday: 6/22/11

Highest Weight: 310.0
Last Weigh in: 248.0
This Weigh in: 247.4

Weight Lost this Week: .6
Total Weight Lost: 62.6

So, even though the last public weigh in I was at 243, I gained weight in the weeks following.  Last week I secretly weighed in at 248.  I owe it partly to my birthday and partly to me just slacking.  I barely exercised and I was eating like crap.  I was making excuses, and the fact that I secretly weighed in was a sign of how I was ashamed.  Like if I didn't talk about it, it didn't exist.

Amazing Do Lifers (and me)
But, this past week I got my spark back.  On Sunday, the Do Life tour had its stop in NYC and I attended.  After spending the morning walking/jogging a 5K and then chatting it up with Ben, Jed and Pa (and Rob, Cindy and other awesome Do Lifers!) at the Whole Foods, I realized that I needed to get back on track.  I am in control of my life and the outcome of it.  So starting that day, I got my act together.  I have been watching my diet strictly again and I've been kicking my butt at the gym, more so than ever before.  I've even started working on different machines.  (Stairmaster?  That thing is HARD!  I'm not usually a huge sweater, but I was DRIPPING!)

Long story short, am I incredibly happy with this particular weigh in?  Not really, but I know its my fault and I am doing something about it.  And to be honest, I stepped on the scale on Saturday and I was reading 250, so really seeing a 247 shows me I'm already making progress.  I know I will beat this plateau, I know that I will make my goal.  I just need to continue to put in the effort that has gotten me this far.  I've come a long way, but I have a long way to go.


Also, I just wanted to share a little comparison photo.  I put it on my facebook page and most everyone will have seen it there already, but I wanted to share it again.  It's a little reminder to me of my hard work.

3 comments:

  1. great job, Maia! i've been slacking since being back from vacation - have been saying to myself that my new priorities/schedule for the next 3 months is screwing with my weight loss efforts - but it's time just just get off my ass and get back to it properly.

    btw, you look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the stairmaster on your knees? I really want to try the rowing machine.

    Oh I love your shirt in your comparison pic.. Go Kentucky! :)

    Great job getting back to the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denise and Jayme!

    Denise - the stairmaster wasn't too horrible on my knees, but I only did it for 10 minutes on the lowest level. I'm going to ease into it. I'm wanting to try the rowing machine too, but I'm a little more intimidated of that one... I'll keep you guys posted on what new things I try out!

    Jayme - you can do it! It took me a while to get motivated again, but now that I am, I feel like I did before. Like nothing can stop me! Here's hoping it kicks this plateau in the butt for good!

    ReplyDelete