Thursday, February 17, 2011

Times, they are a changing'

Went for a 2 mile run tonight.
One of those nights I pushed myself out the door because I knew I would regret it if I didn’t. That’s the first sign tonight that I’m a hugely different person than when I started this Labor day weekend. I would have simply gotten home, ordered in dinner and watched tv all night.
My second sign tonight of how much my life has changed was the fact I have a HUGE blister on my heel. It hurt so bad walking home I contemplated walking barefoot. What did I do? I bandaged it up, taped it down and ran. This would have prevented me from barely doing anything just a mere seven months ago.
Third sign I have changed: When I got home I changed into my running gear. What?!? I barely used to wear gym shoes before let alone a whole second wardrobe of clothes devoted purely to running! My newest acquisition were my first pair of running pants. I broke ‘em in tonight. I NEVER would have imagined that I would currently be buying more work out clothes than normal clothes!
I kept it at an easy 2 miles tonight because this weekend I’m going to attempt my longest run yet. 5 miles. We’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment