Friday, December 17, 2010

Baby it's cold outside

Gonna start out with some more positivity...  Today I noticed I have been visited by some friends that I haven't seen in a very long while.  Some friends I hope are here to stay.  Those friends would be my collar bones!  I can see them again!  I couldn't tell you when the last time I could see these guys!  I'm not saying I want the scary looking collar bones that the terrifyingly skinny Victoria Beckham has or anything...  But, it's just another example to me that my body is shedding its unneeded fat.  So long fat!  Hope you don't come back again!

The other thing I want to talk about is two of the things I'm severely battling at the moment.  1.) It's really damn cold outside.  For the first few minutes and the last few minutes of each run, it's almost agony for me.  My nose is running, it almost hurts to breathe because the air is so cold, and my skin is completely covered in goose bumps. Granted, once I've been moving for a while I'm much warmer, but still!  I'm chilly just sitting here in my apartment so the thought of getting out there and running is becoming increasingly more and more difficult.  This bitter cold snap needs to end!  Even just 5-7 degrees warmer would make a huge difference I think.

2.)  Holiday food.  I knew it would be difficult, but I have a friend in town right now.  I am absolutely loving having her here, but it's something that kind of bursts my bubble I've created for myself in regards to my food choices.  There is more temptation to snack, or have a few glasses of wine, or even just make less healthy choices in general.  I've made okay choices so far.  I haven't completely fallen off the band wagon, but I know I could have been a lot better.  I think the real threat is next week when I go home to visit my family.  I will be completely without my stock of foods that I know work for me.  It's completely up to me to make the choices whether or not to indulge and its going to be tough.  When I don't have temptation around me, it's so much easier to be good, but place some cookies in front of me?  Ruh, roh...

Oh well, I guess I just needed to write down my frustrations at the moment so that I can say I've acknowledged them.  Once I've acknowledged them, I can face them a little better I think.  We'll see though...

No comments:

Post a Comment