Monday, March 11, 2013

Recovery Week

I won't be doing a weigh in this week.

Last week I was in Ft. Worth, TX which is where one of my best friends lives.  I hadn't seen him since last June and it was great to be able to spend the majority of the week with him.  Unfortunately it gave me the ability to excuse myself in my head for making horrible choices when it came to food.

I briefly stepped on the scale on Saturday and I was NOT happy with what I saw.  During the week I had done okay with exercise, but my time was much more limited between work and visiting with my friend.  I was able to get 3 or 4 (I can't honestly remember) days of exercising in, but it wasn't enough to counteract my horrible eating.

Tonight, upon my arrival here in Atlanta, a large group from the tour went to Mary Mac's Teahouse, which served up some AMAZING southern comfort food.  I allowed myself this one last cheat meal before I crack down this week (and next week in Des Moines as well) so that I can drop these pounds that I gained through poor food choices.

I'm know I will lose it all, and will continue down my path towards my goals, I just need to get my head back on straight.  That means exercising 5-6 times per week.  That means counting ALL calories. That means making tough choices.  But, I've done it before.  I can do it again.  I am staying off the scale so that I don't get discouraged in my progress.  I'm staying off for at least a week, maybe two.  We'll see.

In happier news...  My 5K race is this Sunday in Atlanta and I'm EXCITED!!  I haven't run a race in almost 2 years.  I have a secret time goal in my head, but I'm not going to share it because this race is not about that.  It's about getting out there and kicking my own butt and showing myself how far I've come once again.

After this week, I plan on doing another comparison photo.  I think it might be time.  I know I look different than I did this time last year.  I can see it in my face.

I guess I gotta get a good photo of my current self!

Until after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment