Thursday, July 19, 2012

I have an ouch-ie

I have been in Toronto for a week and a half and pretty much one thing has been consistent since my arrival...

My lower back is killing me.

Some days have been better than others.  This is my first time ever experiencing this kind of pain before, so I wasn't really sure what to do or how to handle it.  I kind of figured it would just go away on its own.  Unfortunately, that has not been the case.

I have made an appointment with a chiropractor for tomorrow afternoon and I hope that I feel normal after this.  I don't like not being able to do the most mundane things because it might make my back twinge.

The other horrible side effect that my back pain has had, is that I haven't really been able to exercise that much.  I've tried a few times and while I felt okay while I was running, honestly I couldn't get my mind off the fact that I was afraid I was going to make my back worse.  So, I haven't fully run since Sunday, which in and of itself isn't horrible, but what do I do when I'm not feeling well?  I don't eat well either.  Doesn't help that there is a Wendy's across the street from the hotel and on the way to the theater.

I checked my weight this morning and thankfully I haven't really gained since my last official weigh in.  It just irks me because I had such huge hopes for these three weeks in Toronto and with the weather being bearable (compared the harsh summer the US is experiencing...) I really wanted to get out there and RUN!

Luckily I have a few months until I start my official training for the half marathon.  I have time to get myself back into shape.   I just feel slovenly.  Like, even though the scale doesn't say it, I feel fatter.  All the salt I've been eating probably isn't helping with that...

Anyway, I'll update you guys after I've seen the chiropractor and have (hopefully) gone for a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment