Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Forget your troubles come on get happy!

Well, all in all, I have to say that this has been a pretty darn good week.  It's been a while since I've had this sort of positivity going on in all aspects of my life.

Let me start off by following up on the running post.  What I am now calling the "Great Running Project" has not been postponed as I was seriously contemplating, but more like adapted to fit my needs.  First, I had to back track from the 5K program down to the One Mile program.  When I started the 5K program they said that this was for people who could run at least a mile, which I cannot.  So baby steps I guess!!  Second, the program that I am working with requires me to only run/walk for twenty minutes a day, three days a week.  The other days are supposed to be rest days. I am not okay with this.  The program did say the most important thing is that the day immediately following my running day MUST be a rest day, so what I've decided to do is the following:  Walk day (3+ miles depending upon how I feel), Run/Walk day (30 minutes), Rest day.  That way I am letting my legs rest up following the running, but I'm also still getting in more exercise then they are telling me to.  I just wouldn't be losing any weight if I followed their program to a T!

Speaking of weight loss, I am now up to a total of 18 pounds!!  I can't believe that I am almost at the 20 pound mark.  I have never felt so motivated in all of my life and I know that I will never allow myself to get back to where I was before.  I can't.  I won't.  This is the process of becoming a whole new me, inside and out.

Also, I got some great news at the doctor this week!  Prior to be starting this whole thing, I received some really bad news at the doctor which was one of the motivations I've had going through my process.  I was told that I now had high blood pressure.  It had slowly been creeping up for a while, but this was the first time that it was officially in the high category.  I was not okay with this.  I was 28 when I was told this.  WAY too young to have high blood pressure.  That had to change.  This week at the doctor?  I am OFFICIALLY back in the normal category!!  After only 7 weeks!  116/80.  Hallelujah, one goal down!

And finally on a non-weight loss related topic (SHOCKER!) my professor kicked my butt this week about my thesis so I am FINALLY going to start!  Not sure if I will graduate in May or next October, but at least its something!  He even gave me homework!  So, here's a warning to all my ATPAM friends that are reading this blog.  At some point in the near future?  We'll be talking...

So that's all my good news so far for this week.  Here's hoping next week has some more great news for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment