Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday: 2/6/13 The Back to Normal Edition

Last Weigh in:                                     234.3
Current Weigh in:                                234.1

Current Weight Lost:                                 .2

Total Weight Lost:                                75.9

Hello all, I'm back!  In more than one way.  I didn't post for a couple of weeks because I was really not in a good place still.  I was working on getting my back into a good place and I was working on getting my eating back under control after I emotionally ate my way through the first week of my injury.

This morning when I stepped on the scale I was very glad to see that I was right back where I started a few weeks ago.  My stamina is slowly but surely building itself back up to where it needs to be and I am feeling strong again.  I'm working on strengthening my stomach and I'm trying to find new ways to target that area.  A friend on tour gave me some starter pilates videos that I haven't started yet, but I think I will do them tonight.  The gym here at this hotel in Columbus closes at 9 PM and while I'm trying to move my workouts to the mornings to compensate but there are still days where I'm just not able to (like today when I had to be up and at the theater at 8:30 AM for a promo appearance.)  I'm excited to try these videos and I know that I'm going to be hurting tomorrow!

This injury really did do a number on my head and I wouldn't wish it on any of you.  I started doubting everything, including the number on the scale!  I even bought a new scale because I didn't believe it when it said I had gained back 6 pounds (even though I had certainly eaten enough to warrant the gain!).  I automatically assumed there was something wrong with the scale  instead of something wrong with the user.

I am just happy to be back where I was before, right on the cusp of a huge achievement!  I'm right on that overweight/obese cusp!  I'm so damn close!  I just need to work hard this week and not let myself get out of control next week when I'm in my Kentucky neck of the woods.  I have to save my calories for Memphis, because there is no way I'm getting out of that city without gaining at least 5 pounds.  Got to lose some more preemptively!

Until next week, when I'm only (hopefully!) overweight :)


No comments:

Post a Comment