Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No Weigh In Wednesday

Due to my busy schedule with rehearsals and the ensuing general state of tiredness that goes with it, I haven't been running this week.  Where there is no running, there is no weigh in. 

I probably still could have lost a pound this week, but the food hasn't been all that great either.  I anticipate there was probably at least a one pound gain this week.  I'm not too worried about it though.  It's just a minor step back in the marathon I call life.

I did have a nice non-scale victory this week though.  6 years ago I bought a dress for an opening night celebration of my first show.  It was a size 16 and there was no way that I could fit into it.  I had dreams and aspirations of working out leading up to the day and thought I would fit into it.  Well, I barely ever made it to the gym and never changed my diet.  Lord knows I probably gained weight rather than losing it.  I couldn't return the dress because it was past the return dates, but I always kept it as a hope that I would one day fit into it.  The last time I tried it on two months ago, I still wasn't close to zipping it up.  I came across the dress again last night and once again decided to give it a try. 

Guess what?  Zipped up no problem!  I think I have a new dress for Opening Night!  I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment